The charity draws its mission statement from our objects included in our Articles of Association. The objects direct the directors, the trustees and all volunteers to promote the following charitable purposes for the benefit of the residents and those whom work in the city of Westminster, the other parts of United Kingdom and the international community:
Education and training
- Through the provision of business education and management training we would work towards advancing business skills among entrepreneurs, businesspersons, managers and aspiring business persons in the Westminster City Council and in other parts of the United Kingdom to improve the UK economy therefore ensuring a rise in the creation of job.
- To provide mentoring and interpersonal skills training to residents, professionals and in particular young persons of Westminster City Council and other areas of the United Kingdom who have left full time education and in particular among those who are least qualified and have the poorest prospects of employment.
Research and dialogue to assist better policy development
- To conduct research, discussions, dialogue and debate on a wide range of topical issues including education, economy, entrepreneurship, health, environment, crime & justice, security, social issues & governance in order to benefit the public by encouraging policies which better address the needs of residents and those whom work in the Westminster City Council, other parts of United Kingdom and the international community.
- To establish think tanks to develop and promote new policy ideas on a wide range of areas including education, economy, health, environment, crime & justice, security, social issues & governance by working in partnership with academics, policy makers and other experts.
Publications and BN magazine
- To produce a magazine by the name of BN Magazine or any other publications such as newsletters, newspapers and or periodicals on a wide range of topical issues including education, economy, entrepreneurship, health, environment, crime & justice, security, social issues & governance.
Tackling poverty through education, creation of jobs and improvement in economy
- Further to the above, to relieve poverty among such people through relief of unemployment for the benefit of the public in such ways as may be thought fit, including assistance to find employment and support to the unemployed by developing self-employment opportunities.
- The advancement of education of pupils, children and young people by:
- Providing, (or assisting in the provision of), the establishment appropriate educational bodies; and
- Collecting funds from members and donor bodies to award grants, scholarships, exhibitions, bursaries or maintenance allowances tenable at any school, university or other educational establishment approved by the Directors.
Social cohesion and harmony
- The advancement of human rights, conflict resolution or reconciliation or the promotion of religious or racial harmony or equality and diversity, in particular by:
- Endeavoring to eliminate discrimination on grounds of race or religion;
- Encouraging equality of opportunity between persons of different racial and religious groups; and
- Promoting inter-faiths dialogues, tolerance and respect.
- The advancement of community development by organising, conferences, parties, variety of shows, social, religious and cultural gatherings and functions for families, children and parents.
- In order to benefit the public by the promotion of cohesion and harmony in the society by the advancement of dialogue between persons of differing ideologies, faiths, political affiliations and cultures by organising conferences, parties, variety of shows, social, religious and cultural gatherings and functions.